9.08.2006

Testimonies from 3rd Cambodia training

Today after the training, I had a clearer idea of what an effective team is and it is demanding to organise an effective team. To have an effective team, we must establish (GRPR)Goals, Roles,Processes, and Good relationship with one another, as well as to practice self-discipline. All the components of the efficient team will be affected if anyone of them is poorly managed. After this training, I learnt that every action you do is very important, and therefore it is important that you must have self-disclipine within yourself.
Wei Qiang

Throughout today activities, I've learnt a handful of things. One of which that I've learnt is that goals, roles, processes and relationship plays an important part in getting one big group of people to work together. This was demonstrated in the game, key punch, where our goals, roles and processes changed as the game proceeds. Teamwork and effective communication are important in this game. Apart from that, I have learnt that we should take time off to do some reflection as we usually do things too fast that we did not really go think about those things that we had done. I also learnt to set realistic goals by thinking globally and locally. The session also made me understand the service and learning objectives better. Overall, I felt that the training today will be of help to me for the Cambodia trip, as well as occasions when I had to work with a big group of people.
Juli

Today, I learnt that to have an effective team , GRPR is needed to be applied and under the relationship in GRPR is one of the important thing I learnt. After the lesson i learnt that being late, is a big no no. Relationship between friends might be affected even through, waiting for a late member and so it is important to be puntual, so that trust will not be broken. Lastly, I've learnt that if you have an something important the next day, you must sleep early if you did not sleep early you will not able to concentrate or perform to your best.
Lin lixuan

What I've learned ; Well, um, um, um, I've learned the proper definition of Service-Learning. It means to serve, simply, and learn from the people whom you are serving, be it their behavioural patterns, their living means, or their culture.
Also, i've learned to slow down my thoughts, and react upon them, as it will give me a chance to first, take a step back from the hectic mess that will be going on in my head if i continue to speed-think, and second, reflect upon the current situation, past mistakes, how to apply my knowledge to solve any problem.
I've also learned the process of GRPR. I've learnt more team-building skills, and how to communicate more efficiently. I've also learnt to pace myself more, and to learn my limits, as well as the limits of my team, and work well within them. Also, i've learnt that encouragement is a good tool for motivation!
Sunderason

No comments:

Post a Comment