11.20.2006

SGB@SP - Opening Ceremony

Opening ceremony for SGB@SP was a pleasant event. It was enjoyable and enriching. Upon reaching, I was being assigned to my seat and had a good time mixing around with other people while waiting for more participants to come. Due to some technical problem, the event is being delayed but on the same token, it gives us more time to go and mingle around. It was pleasing to see some familiar faces that I know from some previous events.

The event was indeed an eye-opener as I always thought ceremony usually has a serious kind of atmosphere. However, it all started with ice-breakers. Firstly, we play balloon names. We are supposed to write down our names and memorize their interest. Well, after good 15 minutes of penning down names and memorizing, the ice-breaker ends without me winning. However, the second game is interesting. It’s Pictionary! Volunteers are called out to get the ball rolling. The game was quite rough and you can see everybody getting excited and started shouting out their answer. Well, it’s quite devastating to see the answer is simple but we didn’t get it. However, it does reflect on SGB, it’s a simple event with simple rationale behind it. Lastly, it’s musical water. I was still wondering what that is when people beside me pass me a cup of water to pass down. With the music booming away and tempo is getting faster. The ‘fortunate’ ones got caught and received some ‘special treatment’. Haha, the ice-breaker was fun!

Then, there is a short presentation and a video that showcase information about SGB. All I can say is that the presentation enriching and video is humorous. In all, I enjoyed the event very much. Then, it is the putting up of Christmas Star; it is cool to see the Christmas tree having a star on top. The popping of the poppers and balloons just add to the explosive climax.

Times flies when you are enjoying yourself and soon it was the end of the event. Although I still hope to stay longer, my stomach prompted me to grab a bite at the delicious refreshment Primers have arranged. With great programs, excellent company and fantastic food, what more can one ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment