12.06.2006

SGB@SP - Neighbourhood Collection #2

Last Saturday was the Neighbourhood Collection for the Primers and non-primers. I must really thank those non-primers who came down today to help up in the collection. GREAT EFFORT to EVERYONE!

Okay well, met up with my class gals cum friends and cum granddaughters at Dover station. Haha. Thank a lot for sacrificing your Saturday for your ahma here. Really felt very touch! So after that, went to MLT 9 for our briefing for the collection. Whoo. That’s a lot of people, glad to know that quite a number of non-primers are joining us too. Hehe. (Thank to the publicity team because I am inside the team too. Haha!)

After Huishan’s briefing of what’s SGB Collection, waited for around half an hour or maybe more than that. But, meanwhile we had Jacob to entertain the rest of us by playing spot the differences game. When the grouping was out, we finally know our grouping; guess what, we were in Vimel group. (a blessing or a disaster? Haha. Just kidding) Vimel is a great IC, take good care of us (: Finally, we boarded the bus and reached Yew Tee to our area for collection. I think it was a great experience for everyone in the group including me too.

Door-to-door collection is something that I did not come across. You get to know how it is when you went approaching those residents. Some can be nasty and some can be very friendly. For me, I think most of them are kind people. Some of them were not at home but they make an effort to put their food items outside the door.
To my surprise, there was even one resident waiting for me at the door. Wahh. This is awesome! How I wish everyone can be like them. Of course there was one irritating one who let his cats out just to scare us away. (NOTICE: BIG FAT flurry cat)

Lastly, the overall collection was FUN and great EXPERIENCE for everyone in the group. Although it was tiring but I am sure we are enjoying the whole event and I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to my girls. Jasmine, Paula, Yick Moey, Ee Lin, Jun Ling, Poh Ling, Shi Yun and Ke Xuan and not forgetting the only MAN in the group Vimel Rajoo! (:

Liling,
(Vimel's group)

No comments:

Post a Comment