4.08.2007

Testimonial =D

YO,U,YOU!

A self introduction to all the year ones in SP.Primers, I'm Diana, JUST graduated from SP School of BuiltEnvironment (DPFM). Currently I am working as an assistant Quantity Surveyor at DAVIS LANGDON & SEAH Consultant (Singapore). Meantime, I am also in the process of waiting for NUS application. And I am ONLY going to 20 years-old this year.

Well, yesterday as all of you came to our YOUcampaign BBQ, it makes me think back to the first time I went for my first Primers' event. I remember clearly the first event I went for wasn’t even the BBQ but was the Welcome Party. At that time, I was already in my 2nd year in SP. It was during the CCA Drive that three SP.Primers guys came to approach my friends and me to join SP.Primers. My friends and I wasn’t really interested at all at that time but we just simply wrote down our contacts because of the flower balloons that the guys gave us. Ha-ha. Yes, we were attached by the flower balloons then. Thinking back, it was really very funny how I went into SP.Primers because of a flower balloon.

As promised, my friends and I went for the Welcome Party then subsequently the rest of the events.

But slowly, my friends stopped going to any of the events due to other commitments. Because of my friends, I too, stopped going. It was only until last year POC (Primers’ Orientation Camp) that the POC committee asked my friends and me if we want to be GL (Group Leader) for POC. We thought it might be fun to go for a last camp before we graduated because at that time we were already in our 3rd year. At the camp, I was really blessed by my group, Kiowa. It was also at that moment, I felt the heart for this family, SP.Primers. Therefore, because of the heart I felt for this family during the camp, I stay on in this family although my friends didn’t.

Many of the year twos in SP.Primers always asked me this question, “Why did you came back to Primers without having your friends with you?” “Won’t you feel alone without your friends with you in Primers?”

Yes, indeed in the beginning, I too thought I would sure be lonely in Primers, having to return without my friends. BUT, it wasn’t the case. I was warmly welcome back to this family! My journey in SP.Primers is just a short one year before I graduated but during this short one year, I had learned more than anything I had learned during my three years in SP and even before.

In my journey in SP.Primers, there are a few precious people that I would like to give thanks to: Pastor/Captain Danny & Evelyn, Officers Kenny & YaoHan, Brothers ShengLong, Vimel, GuoJun, Derrick, Aloysius and JianTing, Sisters HuiShan and ShiHui. Of course not to forget the current Primers, all of you have really grew and gained some of the leadership skills, JIA YOU guys! Because of all of them, my journey in SP.Primers is of great experiences!!!

Now, if you asked me why am I still in SP.Primers although I have graduated? Don’t I have work and other stuffs to do? Simply is because I want to invest into the Youths’ life which is all of you!
I believe my testimonial will let you guys know much more about my journey in SP.Primers and even feel the heart and love I have for this family, SP.Primers!













*Diana Yak*

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:36 PM

    You rockz!!!

    lotsa kisses.

    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:13 PM

    Hi Diana!

    I am touched by ur testimony! It has really been great having u in the family! You have been a great blessing! Rock on! ;)

    Lionel :P

    ReplyDelete