6.30.2008

Food Junction Thoughts

The food junction was a blast!

I personally enjoyed this one alot because of the food and the company also, and to see all of us like running around in Geylang. I am not sure how many of you felt uneasy on the eyes of the "uncles" and "aunties" that was there.

But I believe it was a good education for all of us as young people, that even though we do not see them "special kind of uncles and aunties" does not mean that they do not exist in our society.

But more importantly, I will not judge them, I do disagree with what they do, but I do not know what are their circumstances and the reason behind why they do what they do.

In many ways I thought then about my life and the different people that I have as friends.

I have friends at my age, deep into gambling (buying 4d & toto $ soccer betting), drinking and even visiting prostitutes. We still do meet up off and on and of course me being the "holy" one will always advise against all these. But the cool thing about them is, they know where I come from even though i always nag at them and very much so accept them as my friends.

So in ending a piece of advice, before we start labeling people around us lets extend a listening ear and a helping hand instead of just letting them be! Cos we never know how the person will turn out to be 10 years from now.

Kenny Foo

No comments:

Post a Comment