8.21.2008

Celebrate the Singapore Spirit!

This year's NDP was a very memorable day for me and my family, because it was the first time ever that we have been on a NDP as a family.
I must confess we as a family has never had a tradition to sit down together to watch NDP on tv, so for me to have 4 tickets to the actual show was a miracle in itself!

Well enough of me for now, I just wanted to show case some of the NDP photos that I have taken of the seniors and the actual show itself. I am proud of the seniors, as many took up the challenge to serve the nation in this capacity. It has not been an easy journey for all of them but they pulled through it all. Surviving the toughness of the training and even at times un-responsive audience. My salute to them. Singapore is proud of them and so are we as family. YOU GUYS RAWKS!



So coming back, its been a long long time since I was exposed to the various National show, sang by Sun Yan Zi, Kit Chan, Taufik and this year's Hardy but I really got into the mood of it all. (Oh by the way I love this year's song.) And I almost teared when I sang "count on me Singapore" & "Mahjula Singapura". I really did not realised how much I feel for Singapore until that day. I admit Singapore has been the best country that anyone can ever have as home!

I have been to many countries, in different continent and what that does to me is that I have learnt to be very appreciative of our country's political stability, economy, effeciency and racial harmony. I have been to countries that had wars due to different races, bad infrastructure, corrupt political systems etc. So even though I differ some of the government policies but I love my LAND! I also believe that I am here for a reason, to stay here be rooted here and in many ways be a blessing to the many neighbouring countries that we are near to.

I am not sure how much you know about MFA and what they are doing but as a nation we have blessed many neighbours with training centers for their government officials, advice on housing systems and even lending a hand in rescue work. I am proud of Singapore.

Now on a more mirco level then what cue can we take as a family from the direction of Singapore? We as a family are going to Sri Lanka to bless the land. hahaha, but more importantly I pray that we will "shine for Singapore" the way that we were meant to be. Doing our best and not just use Singapore as a stepping stone. I believe it is not by coincidence that we are born here in Singapore but we have a destiny and a role here. I am here to stay and do my best for Singapore, what about you?

Therefore I always encourage every youth that I meant to travel, so that they will see the world and compare us to "them" and in time to come, I believe we will appreciate this land that we all call HOME!
Kenny Foo















No comments:

Post a Comment