2.26.2009

My Birthday

Have you appreciated your mom for your birthday yet?

Yesterday was my birthday, and there was alot of well wishes and gifts for me. I am thankful for all of them and never felt more loved in all of my 29 years of living.

I really did not realised how much friends and loved ones I have, and its been a time of thanksgiving personally to God and the community of people that have stood by me all these years!

But I have always kinda struggled with the issue of birthday celebration and the big hoo ha about this special day. I have not made a point to celebrate on the day itself and felt that it is anything but a special day. I cannot fathom the deep attachment and at times "reverence" that some of us have towards our own personal SPECIAL day.

What is the big deal?

Well maybe you will be wondering if I have changed my stand in this thinking, but nope I have not. Rather I think an even more amazing person that I feel should be honored in my birthday. Which is my mom!

She carried me for 9 full months till the day of 25th Feb 1980. Bearing with all the discomfort, pain and tiredness with her and finally I came out!  I believe she had joy and comfort along the way, but the sacrifices that she had to make are tremendous in nature!

She is the BEST and I do love her alot. So I also want to say if she is ever reading this blog post, MOM I LOVE YOU! And thank you for having me and bearing with all the nonsense I have given you during the 9 months and more so the past 29 years of my life! You are my hero and someone that is most dear to me!

Kenny Foo

No comments:

Post a Comment