8.13.2009

I am a Motivator!

This is the first time i have been attending the NDP .I have been introduced to this event while I was in the camp.
For the few rehearsals, we have to go to ITE Simei to practise our dance. I have never danced before. Thus, I faced lots of difficulties in memorising and following the moves. However, I have good team mates that teach me patiently. Thus, I am able to catch up with the rest .Other than practising the dance moves; we also have the team building, which allow us to bond with our group members. As we are from different group during the camp, with the team building, we started to know each other better. Other than that, we also have to learn about balloon sculpturing .I have a phobia for balloon as I was afraid of the screeching sound. However for now, I have learnt to make it into a few different designs.
After few weeks of practising, finally we are heading to the marina platform to have our combined rehearsals. I was excited as I have never been there before. Although i stayed in Hougang, but in order to be with the rest of the group member, I choose to meet up at lavender. Our group mates include Seow Ting, Amelia, Clare, me and Vincent and our mentor Shi Xiong.
Every Saturday, we will reach there about 12pm and we will gather at the holding area and when all of the members have reach, we will have lunch together. Afterwards we will have our rehearsals and we will move over to the floating platform. We will then go and have a chat with the audience and make balloon for them. Then we will go down to do the dance. I remember every time before heading towards the audience area, all of us from gate 2 will gather together and one of the mentors will say:"Don't worry how you will dance, because you are a motivator!"
Then after the dance, we will go back to the audience and to bond with them. I especially like the period where we had the NE show. The kids are very 'high'; then it is much easier for us to engage with them. After the whole event have end, we will gather back and head back to holding area. We will also have our debrief think it is good to have a short debrief as we will have all feedback and share our different experience together. Overall, this is indeed a very interesting and memorable event for me.

Tay Ming Hui
Group 3

No comments:

Post a Comment