11.03.2009

The Family Spirit



They remind each other drink more water, constantly checking each other stamina and cheer for each other during the match.


Right before the event, we had a little “prep-camp” for IPOD 09. My task was to draw out the main score sheet. Judging the number of teams, I was afraid that me and my committee can’t handle the amount of teams. My two helpers were Jason and Alan. We were short of manpower. Imagine the 3 of us need to take care of 12 basketball teams and 3 referees.

On that day itself there are some problems regarding the teams. First, one of the basketball team from NP had insufficient people and they have split themselves up into various teams. As a result we only have 11 teams. My solution for them is either I disqualify one team from NP or 1 NP basketball team will represent 2 teams. I’m glad that the basketball players from NP are very cooperative as they took the initiative to discuss and make a decision. In the end, they choose to have 1 NP team represent 2 teams.

Which also make my job easier as I don’t really need to do a lot of amendments on the score sheet that we prepared.

I was glad to have my 3 referees and medic with me. They are Sheng Long, Dylan, Lionel and Yaohan. They’ve helped me explain the rules of basketball and remind me of what I should do.

After lunch, the weather was very hot and humid. Thank God I’ve a mipro with me. Or else I guess I would have lost my voice. The mipro was very helpful as I used it to remind the basketballs players to have ample rest and hydrate themselves.

I guess all of the basketball players had fun. There are no quarrels or huge disagreement found on the court. Everyone respect the referee decisions and play the game fair and square. There are no injuries too!

The most important thing is that, I can see each and everyone bond together as a Primers family. With no injuries means that the teams have take good care of each other during the hectic day. They remind each other drink more water, constantly checking each other stamina and cheer for each other during the match.

Jing Yi
Basketball In-charge

No comments:

Post a Comment