11.22.2009

YOU make the Difference, YOU are the Difference!

what little you can give can mean if they have a whole meal or just plain rice


what little you can give can mean if they have a whole meal or just plain rice

Christmas is here again! And in Primers, Christmas also means it is time for The Boys’ Brigade Sharity Gift Box @ Singapore Polytechnic (BBSGB@SP) again! It is a season where we want to bless the needy families in Singapore.

This is the 5th year that I am involved in SGB. It has always been an important part of Primers since I first joined in 2005. The Christmas tree and food items that are going to pile up in the storage room are things that you cannot miss in this season of SGB.

When I first entered into the project, I was in a ‘relax and calm’ mode as my event was the last of all, which means I have umpteen times! Haha. But thing is never as smooth. The last event was cancelled which leaves me to be even more free. Haha.

Well. The excitement came when I found out that we are doing 500 foodpack and Cluster C must at least aim for 120.WOW!! It blew me off to know what I am in for. I started rally anyone that I came across though I am a little shy about it.

I wouldn’t say it’s scary, it’s just EXCITING!! It is something that I am uncertain of yet I am excited to see it happen, and more excited to be part of it. Imagine, 500 foodpack to feed 250 families for a month, when will you ever have such a chance except in SGB?

And well, as I am working in a non-profit organization where I meet families who really don’t have enough to feed the children, I understand how much it means to them and how appreciative of them to have these foodpack.

One of my friends asked me what is the point of having only oil and rice, without any meat? Are they just going to have plain rice every meal? I thought about it and I answered that they could use the money that was supposed to buy rice and oil to buy fresh meat for dinner! Without these items that we provide, they probably will have to use the money to buy it, which in turn, may not have money to buy the meat.

So actually, what little you can give can mean if they have a whole meal or just plain rice!

And You make the difference! You are the difference!
-The difference if they have a whole meal or plain rice!

SO!! Make the difference & be the difference!

-huishan

No comments:

Post a Comment