11.14.2010

AfterGlow 2010

Afterglow to me is a successful event for the trippers that have put in a lot of effort to make it a good one. Their skits was great, it did bring out how they survived during the trip. I have a great time laughing and learning about the life they live in at Sri Lanka. The video is so touching and it did move my heart. I believed the trippers benefited and learn a lot from the trip.

To me, from the event, I learn to appreciate and be humble, not to despise the foreigners workers in Singapore that contribute so much for us as one of the skits showed that they are foreigners at Sri Lanka digging holes and clearing drains in the effort of helping the locals. Just like the foreigners that build our buildings, they contributed as much as the trippers contributed.

I learn to count my blessings. We are so much better off compared to the people in Sri Lanka but the level of happiness is worse than Sri Lanka’s. From the event, I remember one of the trippers said that the kids are so easily contented, even balloons or sweets brighten up their day. I guess we will not be so contented just to receive balloons or sweets as a gift. We have so many things compared to them yet we do not seem to be satisfied with just what we have.

Wong Shu Jun
Cluster A

After you read the reflections from one of the participant, here is a video to recap what the trippers has done for their trip to Sri Lanka from the 2nd Oct to 16th Oct:

No comments:

Post a Comment