9.04.2006

RIO [China Hip-Hop]

Day 1
Ok, first things first. Breakfast. Simple concept. Stupidity on my part to not read between the lines of the sms sent to me by our Village Head, Diana, the day before. I was COUNTING on having a heavy lunch on Ubin, so, I had two slices of bread washed down with some
Milo. Ha-ha. I should have known better. All seemed normally strange to me as usual, except for the fast that all the seniors were keeping especially mum about our agenda on Ubin. Darn. I should have just gone along with a hunch of stuffing my face in the morning. Ha-ha. Upon reaching our beloved campsite after a short walk from the Ubin jetty, after a fairly smooth ride on the bumboats to the island, most of us were shelled by the news that we were going to have a 24 hour fast till the next morning. Normally, the news would have shocked most normal people, but being me, I just accepted it. Maybe having gone through the torture of cramming for the math exam just 17 hours before the camp having drowned all other feelings at the moment. Maybe.

Going through the afternoon’s activities seemed like Standard Operation Procedure for Camps to me at times, having come from a BB Background. Which means mini-torture. Just kidding. I enjoyed the activities as a whole, as I realized then that I missed the feeling of being at camps, as it was a long time since I had seen any camp, let alone be in it. So the afternoon just basically breezed along for me, partially because I was too mentally drained, i.e. zombie like, and also the fact that I was too lazy to think or lead. But hey, eventually I realized something. I realized, through games and other activities the primers painstakingly organized for us, that everyone should be given the chance to lead, and at times where no one would be willing, there would be one who would take up the chance to do so out of the blue. And when tired, never, ever do something important! I screwed up a couple of times when I shouldn’t have in any normal situation. But I did hope and wish that the others would forgive me, and they did. Perhaps my screwing up did lead to others doing well, in overall terms, as I could see was the case with my beloved team, who were very helpful, shacked, and philosophical! I hope this was already written as fate!

Come the night, and EVERYONE was awake doing stuff except me. Ha-ha. I woke up at 4 different times to do something, except for the third time when it rained because we opened out our shelters to enable everyone in camp to share our tent, as did they. But hey, I did have fun. Hope to do more in Pakistan, but I do know I learnt NOT to play soccer late the night before an event! I think on the whole, I confused most everybody with what crap I was blabbering, and the way I carried myself like a zombie! Ha-ha. I promised myself that I would do better tomorrow, and function like a normal being, and on that note, I slept blissfully for an hour.

Day 2
0920 a.m. Hurrah! The fast was over! Nissin Noodles were in store for us. Heaven was the word to describe that simple meal. Ha-ha. We packed up after, said our goodbyes, had a short but fun debrief, and hopped on a van to the jetty. I was heart-broken. The kind aunty that sheltered us didn’t hear me when I shouted goodbye! Ha-ha. Just kidding around again. Basically, after this, we went back home, where I finally got some pig-like sleep. But not before a sumptuous meal at
Changi Village! Ha-ha.
Oh Well. That’s all for now folks! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment