9.04.2006

RIO [Jeremy's Group]

Juli Chee
I had fun during RIO camp. All the activities and team mates are great. Even though it is just a two days one night camp but I still managed to learn quite a number of things through this camp and it make me wanna go for the pakistan trip even more. I really enjoyed this camp. (:

Yi Jin
The Camp wasn’t fun but it was valuable. As it is RIO, one should not feel enjoyable. However, it is for one to learn things. In this camp, I learn that involvement is the essence. Only then, it is purposeful.

Jeremy
Before the RIO Camp,I was not very ready for leading a team. However, I looked forward to the experience especailly when,together with the other leaders, I knew that it would be a rough camp.
Still, it was a good chance to finally hook up with the year ones, whom I have not seen for a very long time.The camp was very much different from last year. There was more people
and the activities required more movement. The activities also allowed the participants to experience first hand a small section of what life in a third world country is like.
We also had a 24 hour fasting (though i would be very inclined to call it starvation) which, personally, was a great challenge to me. Generally I would be unable to last for long without one
meal but for some reason, I was not only able to survive, I was able to go through the activities with gusto!

I had a few lessons to learn from the camp.
1: As a leader, it is important to have a higher level of involvement
and enthusiasm that the rest. That way it would be possible to kick start the mood of the group. Involving them is a good way too.
2: Attitude is an important factor when it comes to learning.That said,
it is actually a deciding factor when we do activities. If our attitude is one of indiferrence in the
RIO camp, we would not have the interest to take part in the activities and learn from them.
3: Appreciation is something I have always taken for granted. However, I now learn that such an expression is more than saying thank you to anyone anywhere. It's about looking at a person's character through his or her actions and appreciating them for it. Not that saying things like "Thanks for coming" is no good, but it is certainly a higher level for me.

Overall the RIO camp was a learning experience for me. I hope to be
able to join the Primers in another activity soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment