12.10.2007

Little Actions, Great Help!!

SGB, the Sharity Gift Box was one of the most unforgettable experiences I had experienced before. For start, the briefing had shocked me, knowing that most of the needy old folks we are helping out have been depending on the 20kg to 30kg of food items we collected ,that will last them the entire year. This determines me to work even harder to help out in SGB.

Basically what we are supposed to do is to go door to door and ask for non perishable food items like rice, sugar, instant noodles, etc. Sad to say most of the times they do not wish to help out. But when someone is willing to offer to share the food items, it felt good seeing how helpful and kind the resident was trying to search up and down for food items, as they know little actions like this can mean a great help to the needy old folks.

I learnt a lot from doing things we don’t usually do, before the SGB, me myself had not been actively helping out and giving, when people come to my doorstep. I felt regretful about my actions before. But I promised I will help out and give more to the people in need. Lastly well done, people!!!

Done By:
Leonard Goh
Cluster B

No comments:

Post a Comment