12.19.2007

My Special Friend

Hi Primers family, it’s been a long time since I last posted on the blog and here I am again. I still remember my first entry on May 1st, where I wrote about my journey in SP.Primers thus far. Well, just to update you guys, it is still continuing and the end is far from over. However, this time, I will share more about the people who have impacted me and those who were there all this while through my entire Polytechnic years.

Well, I’ll start off with all of you. Yes, my dear friends in Primers. I have been in Primers for three year now and I have made lots of new friends. All of you who are in EXCO 06/07 and the current EXCO 07/08, I still remember all the Thursday night we spent in the Primers room till the security guard come chase us out. All the planning and all the fun we had together running the event. I will also not forget my POC 07 group, Night Cycling 06 & 07 groups, Discovery Camp 07 group and RIO Camp 06 & 07 groups. Each of you brought so many memories to me. Although I am not a very high GL but you guys help me enjoy my time with you and made every minute special. I really love all of you!

Next is my dear classmate who I see almost every day. My classmates are special to me because they are my source of joy in school and I am never dull when they are around. They help me a lot, from studies to homework to even skipping classes (oops). In my class, I have a special group called -The C@nt SingZ-. The four of us are always together, be it in group work or assignments, the grouping will be the same. We will always seat together, crap together and get scolded together. Ah Bang is the emo one, Shaz is the crap one, LX is the smart one and me, the slack one. Our HQ is always T4 and we do almost everything in there. So if you are free, you may want to pop on by our HQ and I’ll intro them to you!

The next group of people is my Cell group. These people are very special because some of them I have known for more than 10 years and we are real close brothers!

Let me introduce my first cell brother, Junbaoz. I’ve known him for about 7 years, since secondary school. I always remember this one special thing that he did during our humanitarian trip to Sri Lanka. It was about 5 am while the entire group was still sleeping but I had to do my business. The sky was still dark and I didn’t want to do it out in the wild alone so I woke him up. Honestly, if someone woke you up to accompany him to do his business at 5am, what is your reaction? For Junbao, he did not complain but straight away woke up and accompany mi about 100m away from our bunk and waited alone in the dark while I did my business. I was really touched by his sacrifice for me that night. I really treasure him!

Next up, Sebastian Soooooooo. Well, I have also known him for about 7 years also since secondary school. Sebastian is one very loyal brother. You can count on him for almost everything. When you are lonely and need someone to go out with, he is there. Another thing about him that amazed me is that money is not an issue to him. He is willing to share what little money he has so that every one of us can be equally blessed. Whenever I am broke, he will be the first one to give (not lend) me cash. Sebastian, you are special to me.

Next player, Steven Gerard Yong. Actually he just called Steven Yong but somehow he is a big fan of Steven Gerard so I’ll just add it in for him. Steven is one man of principle. To him, what is right is right, what is wrong is wrong. It might sound irritating but to have someone like him around really is good. He is never shy about telling his brothers (including me) off when we are wrong. Also his knowledge of the Word is also impressive. “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness” 2 Timothy 3:16. With this, he makes a perfect disciplinarian.

Here comes a new challenger, SL. I’ve known Sheng Long for about 11 years from now (longest among the rest). Our history dates back to many years and we been through many together. He one guy I really respect and admire. His leadership skills and also other skill sets are impressive and I have learnt a lot from him. We have many experiences and maybe I’ll share a few here. We steal together (long long time ago, now we DON’T), we can go eat Sushi, Zi Cha, many more together (only 2 guys), can spent the whole night outside my house talking (we quiet dumb, forgot can seat down), we taunt many night over at my house, he like my mum curry chicken but most importantly, he introduce me to a very special friend whom I am going to mention later. Words cannot explain our closeness so just keep a look out for us!

Up next is my darling Tee. Yes Derrick is one cute guy. Dunno how many girls have fallen for him. He is also known as captain Tee as he led our soccer team into the final for IPOD 07. Derrick has one special skill that no one else want to use (notice I use the word want to instead of can). He saliva bomb is the ultimate attack and defend. If you want to kimchi him, just prepare to siam the bomb or else you will kanna the bomb like me. I have known him for 3 years now and we share secret that no one knows. He is special because of his crappyness also his faithfulness for the family.

Jun Kai is one new brother that I just begun to know more about. One thing that attracted my attention about him is that he can don’t sleep and do his work. I am a guy that needs my bedtime so his skill really stuns me. Really wants to know him more.

What’s a cell without our dearly beloved cell Leader Mr Kenny Foo. Sometimes Kenny can get scary when he is angry but he is always able to make a 180 degree turn almost immediately after the angry face. How he does it, I am still learning. One thing Kenny does is that he is protective of his guys (us lah). We can learn a lot from him and whenever we are stuck with a problem, we will usually ask, what would Kenny do, other than saying “cham la” and “simi sai” lol. But he is someone I really look up to and models after and you will too if you know him better. Trust me on that!

Lastly I would like to introduce a friend that was always there for me. In time of need, in time of sadness, time of joy, time of pain, He was always there. Thought all the friends I mentioned above are there for me during such time, there are sometimes in my life I turned to someone else. Quiet hard to imagine right, that I have a friend who far exceed what you think a friend does.

This friend who instead of accompanying me in the dark, help me overcome my fear of the dark.

This friend who instead of providing me money, provides me with everything.

This friend who instead of telling me that I’m wrong, help me stand up when I fall.

This friend who instead of hanging out with me, was beside me all the time.

This friend who instead of sharing my secret, know my secret without me telling.

This friend who instead of not sleeping one night, had never closed His eyes on me.

This friend who instead of being happy straight after he’s angry, is always smiling.

So who is this friend? He is God, my special friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment