6.04.2008

What's Family?


The tagline of SP.Primers, “Youth today Leader tomorrow” really applied to me. Like all of you, I started off as a freshman during last year’s POC. My first event was the BBQ but I still didn’t know a lot about Primers yet. Out of curiosity I decided to join POC since there was no harm done. I was just someone who just got out from secondary school, but look at me right now, Deputy Camp Commandant of Fam’R’Us @ POC 08.

Everything all started one night where I suddenly received a call from Huishan. I still remembered that night where she asked if I was interested to be the Deputy Camp Commandant for POC. I got the wrong idea that it was Assistant Group Leader! Until she mentioned the word again then I realised the BIG difference. I couldn't help but shouted in the phone "O MY GOD!" and before I knew it, she was giggling on the other side.

So that was how it all started. Then during that same week I met up with Paul, the camp commandant for the very first time. And soon we began our weekly camp meetings with the rest of the committee during the holidays. The journey of planning POC wasn’t smooth sailing at all as most of us were new and inexperienced. However we managed to struggle and 3 months down the road we were running the actual camp! Though there were still some humps throughout the camp but I believed the camp was a success which is impossible without the help of each and everyone in Primers.

This brings me to the point that Primers is a FAMILY. I have to say the experience of planning POC really brought all of us together, as one family. You might not feel this strong feeling of family as I am right now but I’m sure in time to come you definitely will. So join us for more Primers events and I’ll guarantee you will not regret it.

And this whole experience really made me “grew up”. I don’t know how to express myself exactly but I do know that this is a one of a kind experience. Of course I have to thank the seniors and officers who guided me cause without them I definitely won’t be where I am right now.

Thanks again to everyone who made POC a success and I’ll see you guys more often in the future. (:

With tons of gratitude,
Benjamin
Deputy Camp Commandant
POC 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment