7.11.2008

Night Cycling Reflections 3

This was the first time i took part in night cycling.
To describe it, I would say that it was indeed tough.

During the event, it was quite depressing to realise an upsetting truth. I realised that I may be a burden to the group. In the begining, my mates had told me to cycle in front of them. However, I felt quite stress to cycle in front of them. This was because when I could not balance well enough to avoid crashing onto someone else bike, the instant message from my brain was "Braked!" And when I braked, mates behind would have to stop. They will then tell me not to brake that often. I really wanted to tell them, I really would not stop if I can. But the problem is, I cannot. I cannot balance well.

However, no matter how many times i had braked. My mates still did not give up on me and had encouraged me to move on. This make me felt blessed and i'm thankful for what they did.

I'm glad that I had participated throughout the journey and did not give up half way through.

To others, night cycling may not be as tough. But as a cyclist for only the second time, the effort needed to put in was definitely double of others and therefore, my sense of achievement was thus so much more than you can imagine.


Cluster A; Ng Huiqi.



The idea of having a night cycling event did not appeal much to me when my POC gl first told me of cycling is more of a torture then a fun casual activity. However, I was soon proved wrong when I arrived at the allocated location

While waiting for our fellow group members to arrive, we played ice breaking games, from chucky all the way to the concentration game. This broke the invisible barrier between people I do not know and allowed us to engross ourselves in lively conversations

The cycling part went out smother them what I had initially imagined and the only girl of the group, Stef led the front, motivating other members of the group to do their best and making us dub her “Energizer” for the amount of power and energy she has.

When we came to the mid-point of the course, we settled down for nasi lemak and this is energized everybody for the return trip. At this point of time, we shared personal stories on why we entered poly or primers as well as our personal goals and interests, this further bonded us together and have some conversations while cycling back to the starting point.

Overall I felt that this event is a great success and the GLs/AGLs/GMs and organizers have done a great job in organizing this event and this has changed several views of certain events and made me look forward towards to the next upcoming Primers! Event

Cheers

H. Teo Jun Xi

No comments:

Post a Comment