5.22.2009

Colourful Life Reflections - Part II

I went into the primers camp as an individual and came out of it as a one big family. Be it the Iris or Arco family, primers were bonded closely and friendships were formed. In the short 3 days, each and every member of the group cared and shared with one another, demostrated teamwork in all the activities.

However, the most memoriable part of the camp was when we went to kayak. The Saffron and Amber campers cooperated with one another, looked out for one another, trusted each other as we completed the difficult tasks laid out by the instructor together. Unfortunately accidents do happen, when one of my campmate was injured in the leg and had to be attended to at the campsite.All of us were worried about her condition and especially our GL and AGL who had to run practically everywhere to seek help and prepared our injured campmate for further medical attention. Even though she was injured, she still came back to have bbq with us, that was really sporting of her.

I would never forget the three exciting days at the Primers camp and kudos to the organising committee and GLs who made this camp memoriable. The most intriguing part of it all was that I was the one who did the most forfeits during the freshman event and camp! Hahas hopefully I wont continue doing forfeits in the upcoming events and ultimately go down the history of primers for being the ONE and only “KING OF FORFEIT”!

To sum up, I’ve found my place in the Primers family, hopefully I’ll get to bring in freshies to join our big happy family for the years to come.

By: Quo Wei, Saffron/Arco




The 3D2N spent during the POC has been fruitful for me. I learnt lots of important new values in life. The values were taught by Captain Danny, my GL and AGL’s. E.g We must treat everyone as family, wait for each other, share with each other. There are many more, i’ll try to name them as much as possible.

I’ve also learnt important skills and values while playing the games and activities in the camp. From the games we played, we exercised sportsmanship, we cheered on each other regardless of the results. Even our opponents lost, we did cheer for them.

I think that I’ve done a poor job as a group member. I hardly talked to the fellow group members.

I think it’s the lack of time for bonding activities. We only hang out on our respective cliques. I think that’s the disadvantage of letting friends in one group, but at least we don’t feel so left out if we’re on our own.

As a group, we learned that teamwork is very important. No group event cannot be accomplished without group effort and participation. Teamwork is important in cheering. One voice is not enough to represent the group. Only with the whole group’s participation then we can only sound as a group.

Patience is an important values that I’ve learnt. As a group, it’s important for members to be patient and wait for each other. I recalled on the second morning, the girls misheard the instruction. They woke up 1hr earlier than the required time. We felt guilty as we took our time while they hurried to meet up. But they were waiting patiently for us.

From the camp, I’ve learnt important values from the seniors and group members. These values will accompany me through out , not only Primers life, but my entire life.

By: Javier, Fuchsia/Arco

Although i joined the POC on the second day, I still felt welcome upon meeting with the group. At least, I don't feel outcast or thrown aside. I guess that is what we called a team. Despite the flu, I enjoyed the activities eg, Kayaking and Captain's ball, very much. Overall, the entire POC camp was out of the experiences i ever came across eg, including the live band.

There are still some rooms for the improvements for the camp itself. From what I see and based on the experience of a committee member of another camp. I felt the timing coordination is too rush. For eg, the kayaking is only for a Half an hour timeslot, which is too little. As for the wet weather program, we only stayed indoors and played icebreaker games. For what I feel, We had too much icebreaking games. From the day i reached the camp, I find the food is fantastic, especially the BBQ session. However, the last breakfast we had was very depressing if you know what I meant.

I do also understand the fatigue of the committees members, and I myself also know the difficulty of organising this camp, therefore, I wanted to congratulate the organising members a job well done.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the camp.

Thanks for everything.

By: Teeyuan, Olive/Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment