8.03.2009

My Journey in Primers - Ben Lee

As I looked through some pictures from the first NDP NE Show, I cannot help but feel a slight sense of irony - We seemed to have more fun during and after the rain than we did before the heavens opened. Let me illustrate with an example.

Before:


After:


And it was not just my group.. Even as we waited to return to the F1 Pit area, there were groups singing despite some of us feeling ill after being exposed to the elements. This spirit was evident throughout the show. As the rain started pouring just before the reciting of the pledge, not one motivator around me reached for his/her poncho. Mainly because we were not issued any =) but I doubt it would be any different if we did have ponchos in our fun pack because no one flinched, ran for shelter or even complained. Of that I cannot help but to feel a sense of pride.

I feel this can be attributed to the the unity that we share in Primers, the essence of "Care, Share, Wait". After building bonds through POC and the first few weeks of NDP rehearsals, we were all doing our part to bring up the spirits of those around us. Keeping up our duties as motivators because not doing so will be letting down those whom we have labored with for the past few weeks. Logically we should be wet and miserable but instead the opposite happened.

As Saturday approaches again, I'm sure everyone wants to end the day without getting wet. But even if it did rain, I'm sure all of us will continue to give our all because we will be doing it together.

Ben Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment