8.03.2009

POLY 50 - Alumni Aloha





Determined to complete the race, I pressed on displaying full prowess of the fighting spirit that I’ve gained from National Service.


Despite being an alumnus of SP, it was my very first time to participate in POLY50. It was both very exciting and anticipative on my end as it was tiring and eventful at the same time. Weather is perfect on the day; it’s sunny yet cooling at the same time, something which I would rate as the best weather for exercise.

The first 20 rounds were extremely tiring and the distance is an indirect cause of it. 200m between each check point certainly isn’t very long but it’s the sprinting and stopping that is tiring. My body had to warm up each time I ran and it cools down each time I stop and wait for my turn to run. I couldn’t help feeling dizzy and I nearly black out at one point of time. I can also literally feel my lunch rumbling in my stomach, half-digested. Determined to complete the race, I pressed on displaying full prowess of the fighting spirit that I’ve gained from National Service.

I could remember one round that I ran; I was supposed to hand the card over to Sheng Long(my team mate). However, when I reached that particular check point that Sheng Long was at, he is nowhere to be seen! Someone shouted to me that he wasn’t feel well went to the washroom, so I’ve got no choice but to run to the next checkpoint. I later found out that he had thrown up his lunch before heading off to the washroom. After Sheng Long returned from the wash room, he told me that he felt great and was ready to continue running!

My team (Team Primers Lummi) managed to complete the race within 1 hour and 45 minutes (hey we are in the top ten!). And I felt that it is certainly a job well done!
P.S. I’m still very amazed by sheng long’s body that after just one visit to the washroom, he is able to continue running in the race,

Steven Yong
Team Primers Lummi

No comments:

Post a Comment