8.14.2009

An Event of a lifetime !! =)

NDP 2009 has been a great experience for me. I had always looked forward to having a chance to be one of the motivators since the first time I attended the National Day Parade when I was in primary 5. The motivators inspired me and when I realise the opportunity offered by SP Primers I just had to take it. I have never regretted joining. Even if it had took up some of my time away from studying and my normal routines it was all worth it.
I remembered the first preview show we did, my area was empty but that didn’t stop me from doing my job. I knew that no matter what, I’m still a motivator and should help motivate the crowd at the marina platform and that means the whole entire place and not just the area I’m allocated to. I decided to help out my other motivators and just most importantly transmit the fun of NDP to the audience and that made me feel so great that i couldn’t stop smiling even after the show.
This experience has thought me a lot. I’ve learn to work with new people and also communicate them. I’ve received new skills such as balloon sculpting and basic dancing. Great skills that never have I imagined I would acquire. I’ve learn to overcome my fear of balloons with the help of my lovely supporting teammates, now I can twist and turn those balloon with ease, although I might still scream and squirm at sudden bursting. :D
Most of all I think I have achieved from this awesome experience would be friendship. The great friends I’ve made throughout this journey are just wonderful. There were the ones who helped me through the times where I feel I should give up. They were the ones who made my Saturdays the happiest day of my week where I manage to chase away my troubles from school and just have sheer fun. I’m going to miss the times we had but I know that even after the event is over our friendship would still last and that the memories together would be treasured through thousands of photos we posed for HAHA!
An event of a lifetime that should be shared with everyone, National Day Parades, the event every Singaporean takes pride in and as much as possible should have a chance to be a part of it. I’m so lucky to be able to take part in it and shall bring this memory with me down the years of my life.

Nur Hazimah
Group 5

No comments:

Post a Comment