8.14.2009

Singing with gusto

All right people! The NDP Parade may be over, but this doesnt mean that the NDP sprit is gone.

Therefore we are going to put in some stuff that is going to make you recall your NDP days in joy. This is where we have painstakingly collected people's reflection from different groups. Enjoy! =)


Taken from Teck yi, Cluster C4:
During this journey as an ndp motivator, not only did I get to view the fireworks every week, but most importantly I've built stronger bonds among the members in my group. I still could remember during the first few training we had at Simei ITE, we would meet together at Tanah Merah mrt station then have breakfast together at Simei ITE itself before proceeding for the trainings. And after the trainings, there would be some other activities such as beach day, and food junction. Spending every Saturday together, Saturdays soon became Crimson Day where we have a day out together as a group.
The experiences I had during this period of time was wonderful and most memorable. I could not imagine myself out there in the gallery seats during ndp doing balloon sculptures and motivating the crowd if I wasn't an NDP motivator.
The one day which I would never forget is the first NE show when it rained. The rain was so sudden leaving us all drenched. However, as soon as the National Anthem was played, everyone stood still singing it with gusto. When the fireworks light up the sky that night, it was the brightest fireworks ever and it was very expected as most of us would think that the fireworks will be cancelled due to the rain.
For the third NE show, I fell ill and was not able to attend. For the whole day, something seems to be missing. I missed my friends, the food, the people and the show. I know I've missed a lot just in that day especially the fun and joy we have spending time together.
If I'm given a chance to participate in ndp as a motivator again, my hands would definitely be raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment