9.21.2009

Ahar! I went to RIOcamp!





Something unforgettable



“Something unforgettable”, I believe that is what most, if not all of us, who had attended the 2009 Rough-It-Out camp would describe it. Frankly speaking, I have my considerations towards the camp, and I wasn’t even sure if I really wanted to go. However, thanks to the fact that there’s people I know, and most importantly, lovely group mates.

Personally, I think the rough it out part that I really need to take some time to accept is the cooking utensils. Reason being that the wok and stuff seems to be really dirty, with a thick layer of accumulated dirt, and we are supposed to cook our meals with it. To be honest, it took me quite awhile to get over the image of it in my mind while having our meals.

Nevertheless, I feel that it is an awesome experience to do and experience something different from our daily city lifestyle.

Jolene
Ahar!

For this camp, i feel that it can be tougher! Like banning of handphones and snacks during the camp. I enjoyed the camp alot because it's rather relaxing! I've got to enjoy good food, got to bathe and had a not-too-bad area to sleep in! The only problem was just the mosquitoes, to which there's no real solution to it!

I enjoyed the gala night as the skits were very funny and interesting! The seniors there are very nice too! They showed enthusiasm and cared for our welfare throughout the camp. From this camp, i've learnt to show more initiative in doing work, and also to serve others before self. This camp has also allowed me to be more open-minded in sharing personal thoughts. As, i've never been so comfortable in sharing personal feelings and thoughts with strangers. My team bonded very fast and well. I could say that the people from primers are comfortable people to be with! Lastly, i really felt lucky to be in Team Ahar! :D

Janice
Ahar!

No comments:

Post a Comment