10.21.2009

Day 1, Arrival - 21st Sep 2009


Though my parents were not there, I knew I am in the midst of a family there


Today was the day that the OSLT team had been waiting for. I felt excited but at the same time there was a twang in my heart because I knew I was going to miss home. As I packed my bag and stuff, I sat in my room and just look around, trying to soak in as much memories before I leave for the airport. Soon I bid goodbye to my home.

Over at the airport I had my dinner and soon after that, we were doing our last log check before the flight. It was always heartwarming to see so many primers coming down to the airport just to send the team off. Though my parents were not there, I knew I am in the midst of a family there. We check in our luggage and spend a few moments with our friends. Those were the moments I treasure. Soon it was time to go into the departure hall and beyond.

With that we boarded the plane and flew to Sri Lanka.

The day had been exciting and fun but the key moment was knowing that I am in a family even as we entered Sri Lanka time zone.

Sebas

Countdown to flying off to Sri Lanka and that is something that I am looking forward to with all the preparations that the team has done for the trip. So Sri Lanka, Here I come!

At 7pm, all the team members begin to gather at terminal 1, row 13. Other than that, there are a lot of primers members came to send us off. It was quite a touching sight to see so many people coming down to send us off, wishing that we will have a safe trip to Sri Lanka.

So at about 8.40pm, we entered the departure gate and we headed towards the plane that we are going to take. Anxiously, we entered the plane waiting for the plane to take off however it dragged for quite some time. Then Wilfred suddenly said that,” Yeah! There will be money refund from the insurance”. Only then I know that if the plane flight is delayed, the insurance will actually refund some money, so it was like a new discovery for me. So due to the technical problem, we have to abandon the plane. The timing for the flight was delayed for an hour and so we just took some photo and talk while waiting to board the plane again.

When we were asked to board the plane in about 20minutes later, I realized that it was exactly the same plane. In my heart, I was thinking like is it really reliable? Will it breakdown halfway? But other than all the thoughts, I was looking forward to reaching Colombo.

During the three and a half hour of flight, I watched City Island and eat and sleep. So there is nothing much that can be done in the plane. But upon reaching Colombo, everything went quite smooth, we went out of the custom and went straight to meet the other two Sri Lankans who will be with us throughout the trip, namely Mevan and Stephan.

So after a long night, we went to settle down in Goldy Sands and have a good night rest there.

Wensze

No comments:

Post a Comment