10.22.2009

Day 2, 14hr Ride - 22nd Sep 2009


there was no water for everyone of us to bathe n brush teeth so in the end, all of us didn’t bathe.


After breakfast in the hotel, we set off. I sat at the last second row in the van together with fang yi on my right and king kit on my left when we are seated in the van.

At first, we play “The Magic Big 2” followed by “Asshole”, which is like a bit like the previous game. After a while, Yao Han began to feel tired and he went to sleep so we ended the game and I began to feel bored.

Most of the time we started to sing songs. I was very impressed by Clare as she knows a lot of songs.

As Clare sings, I joined in. Some of them joined in too.

Throughout the whole journey in the van, everyone has at least slept for a while in the van except me. I was awake as the van was too bumpy for me to sleep in the van. During the van ride, I did not vomit in the van which is a very good thing. Once I wanted to vomit in the van but I ate a sweet to prevent me from vomiting.

When we reached the camp, the people there had welcomed us. I felt bad as we reached there very late in the night. Later we found out that there was no water for everyone of us to bathe n brush teeth so in the end, all of us didn’t bathe. After we have settled in, it was already very late so I just message my mother and I went to sleep.
Rui ying



We reached the airport at 11:35pm yesterday and we were being fetched to a hotel to spend the night there. I shared the room with Siman and Yun ting. Three of us woke up at around 6:30am; breakfast was 8:00am. Our room was amazingly cold and I was shrivering even with the blanket covered till my neck. So, the three of us washed up and went out for a walk at the beach. The rest of them start to come down to have breakfast too. The food was better than I thought, I must say. And the room is better than I thought too. I didn’t expect the room to have air-conditional.

After we had breakfast, all of us went back to our respective rooms to pack our bags and meet back at the lobby because we are going to the village, Thirukkovil, today. And I heard that the journey would be very long so we have to set off early. We left the hotel and 9:00am, I did doze off for a while but I think for most of the journey I was awake, esp when the bus is driving through the Kandy Mountain. I’m so glad that I didn’t fall asleep. The beautiful scenery of the mountains was breath-taking, it’s like a dream come true for me, and the scenery is really WOW. I will never forget the scenery.

Throughout the journey, we had a live broadcast from Clare. She was singing during the bus journey. We reached the village at around 11pm, the journey took 13 hours. It’s shorter than last year, I heard. When we reached there, we can see the locals were waiting for us. I feel touched, very touched to see them waiting for us when they should be sleeping. They had a small ceremony for us, and after that, we had dinner which they prepared for us too.

The village is a very small village. It’s very urban kind. There are no tall tall buildings around, but cows, goats, and buffalo moving around, and cow dung everywhere. It’s very different from the city area, and of course, Singapore. We sat in a big circle and introduced ourselves because there were 2 colombo guys joining us this time, Mevan and Stephan. We set our house rules too. After that, the girls actually wanted to wash up but there wasn’t any water for us, so we are intending to sleep without washing up.

Tomorrow is the start of the work. Hopefully everything would turn out good and everything we have planned back in Singapore will be carried out as planned! Lastly, I pray that I won’t miss home! (: Thank God for keeping us safe through the bus journey.

Till then and good night!
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment