11.20.2009

Sir? Your Keys?

The very first part of SGB is publicity for collection from the HDB flats. It was a really fun time for me during this whole process as being in a team of 4, with Alex, Shi min, Kareen. So we were given instructions on what are the blocks that we are supposed to do publicity on, so for me it is 351 and 352. So being anxious about this whole experience, I went off to do my first household.

So one household by one household is down, I was so excited. I even met this guy who actually left his house key attached to the door lock and he forgets to get his keys. So I was knocking the door so that he will open the door and get his key back. But no matter how hard I try he did not respond to me, so Alex came and knock really hard. Soon the owner came and opened the door; then he gave us a really stern face. However, after telling him that he left his house keys outside, his smile seems to appear. So immediately we publicize SGB to him, and to my amazement he showed more concern about what we are doing as compared to what I thought he will react. This is one case that I have been through but there are many more experiences that I have experience that I felt that it was not a wasted trip for me personally. I hope you all felt this way too.

In this whole publicity event, I learned that it does not really matters a lot on how many food packs we can collect. But how much they know about SGB because if they do not donate now does not mean they will not in the future. With the every little publicity they received, I believe one day they will donate. As one of the guys in my group shared, every little impact will combined together and formed a great impact. And also I think I benefit more than anyone else as no other people can feel the way I feel unless they are part of this SGB, which is the love of giving. I hope that you guys who came to help also enjoyed as much as I did.

Wensze

No comments:

Post a Comment