11.07.2010

Poly 50 '10 Reflection

Finally! 27th October marked the end of all the tough trainings that we had been having every week.

I still remember that I would be crashing to bed whenever I got home from every week’s training. Tiring is the word that circles around our mind after every week of jogging and running. There was once I had this in my mind, which is giving up. I wanted to give up the entire Poly 50 Run, sleep at home and enjoy the comfort of the bed. But the motivation to continue running came from my group members. Despite the fact that they are tired after such heavy lessons in the early morning, they persevere and come for training once every week. This made me even more motivated and driven to clear all the trainings planned by the committee.

On the actual day of the event, I was kind of excited and nervous as it is my first time participating in this massive event organized by the school for CCAs to have a friendly competition. Before the run, I was looking at other competitors from the various CCAs. To be honest, most of the other competitors looked fit which made me even nervous as I am afraid that I would be last. Being last is way out of my wish list. But I was later calmed down by my group members’ words of encouragement and it motivates me to do my best to complete the race.

As the competition heats up, many of the runners including myself were already “half dead”. Some of the runners’ faces were pale, while some of them actually fell down and injured themselves. During the race, I was actually sprinting with the people who are in the Sports club. By the time I finished one whole round, both my legs cramped. I thought I could at least challenge myself since I love challenges but it failed. It was the first time I ever felt such pain in my legs and I was on the verge to give up running and completing the race. Luckily, there was medic! Jonathan was going around the three pit-stops and helping people who are either injured or feeling unwell. It was very nice of him to help us apply the medicine for our cramped legs. Not forgetting Huishan and Joeson going around the pit-stops, giving us water to drink and checking to see if we are alright.

My group members played a big role in motivating me to carry on with the run. Whenever I feel exhausted or unwell, my group mates would come over to ask if I am feeling any better. They would pass me a bottle of mineral water every time I reached the next pit-stop. Such care and concern can only be seen in SP Primers because we are one big family and we care!

I must say that Poly 50 training is indeed tough but when the Poly 50 Run came to an end, I believe all of us will look back and say: “Everything that we had done was worthwhile!”

Edmond Lim Sin Yang
Cluster A

No comments:

Post a Comment