8.04.2008

3 Days and 2 Nights

3 days and 2 nights in Pulau Ubin. Time really flies when we were having so much fun. I got to experience what it was like to live in a different living condition, somewhat similar to a third-world country.

Although this camp was named as Rough It Out camp, it does not totally mean roughing it out. More of the times were on reflecting and sharing to enable us to understand ourselves inside out. For example during the first night, we were asked to share our past experiences. At that time, it had really got me to think back and reflect about the past, in which I had never done before.

It was great to get to experience living in a different living condition, where life still goes on without our ‘wants’, like the air-condition and the water-heater. I was told that in order to save electricity, people living there do not usually switch on the lights, and yet they can still figure their way out through darkness!

I also got to know more people throughout the camp (although half of the people from my group were my close friends!). We worked together to come with our group flag, our group skit, and our very own group name-7美 4帅 1妖怪! The station games required teamwork, especially the game in which we were blindfolded and were asked to form various shapes. Another game required us to tie our legs together and we needed to coordinate well with each other to walk together at the same time.

I believe that everyone had indeed enjoyed this camp! I look forward to the future primers event! And last but not least, 7美 4帅 1妖怪 rocks! 3 cheers for all! =)=)

Wei Ting
Cluster C

No comments:

Post a Comment