8.02.2008

My Experiences (so much to share part 2)

26th JULY 2008


It is a blur morning for me… I woke up and find that most of the people have already wake up and washed up too. I wash up and find that I need to take a shower (refresh my mind). That time there are still few people queue up for their turn.



The gathering time is around and eventually I have to rush for my shower. In the end, I go in the bathroom with two friends and bath together (sounds gay huh?) After that we have our breakfast. Our breakfast is pao and later additional 1 packet of Milo cereal. There are lots of pao and eventually the whole cluster A members cannot finish it.



Finally we play “watermelon” game and the forfeit of the loser must eat a pao… (good luck for those who is really full) We are actually having fun while trying to solve the problems too.

Then, our first activity of the day starts with the other part of ice-breaking game. This time we get to interact between each of us more and warm up our mood and spirit too. After that is the “singspiration” session. We sing and dance together. Later, the officer distributes us the paper clips and tells us about the story of a red paper clip. Throughout the story I have the motivation and spirit, to work out for my bright future. Later follows by the personality test. From the test I can know my own self clearer (personality). Thus, I can change myself to improve my weakness, make full use of my strength, and communicate well with other kind of people too.

Now it is the lunch time. I am one of them who help to prepare the lunch for everybody in Cluster A. Usually I seldom enter the kitchen and cook, and now I have to help to cook for 20-30 persons. Luckily there are some seniors and people who can cook well volunteer to help us. We cook macaroni as our lunch. Eventually an ordinary macaroni which we feel it is tasteless, we make it until delicious with our “secret recipe” soup. I do have fun too while I am preparing the lunch. =p The rest of people are busy with the design of flag while we are busy of our part too.

After lunch, we have our station games event. After listen to the briefing, we realize that before we can leave and proceed to the next station, we have to think a cheer first. This is the part which I hate because I am lazy to think… Finally, we just simply think one in order to get the “permission to leave”. We proceed to our next station by following the clue. After a long distance journey, we thought we reach the destination and so happy with it.



Later we only realize that we go to the wrong place and the actual place is at the other side. With no choice we have to walk back and go another way round. On the way we try to rush also as we saw the other group finishes their first station. Finally, we can keep on the track and the games go smoothly as well. We try to encourage the others during the game. Some of the group members also show their hidden talent too ( eg: some is good in thinking and some is good in reacting) We also learnt co-operation between the group members too. Eventually this event bond us better and we have fun through it.

After the station game events, we go back camp side to rest and meanwhile some of the groups are preparing for the dinner too. For my group we rest and start to discuss our performance for the Gala Night. It is the difficult time for us as most of us are really tired, and lack suggestion of ideas too. Luckily in the end we manage to come out with an idea.



However, we never continue to do further planning and we play games within ourselves (no mood to think more la, play first!) Watermelon, chucky, “catch rat”, “emperor” and many more….=) Later we have told that there are some problems with the preparation of dinner, so we decided to eat some cakes and cookies as our dinner.


Our dinner, the curry chicken will be reserved as our supper as the Gala Night presentation is around that time. We have to get ready for it.

During the last minute, we rush to plan our sketch and distribute the roles for every group members. Eventually we not even have a proper practice once before (we prefer LIVE show). When the event starts, our group become the lucky number 1 to start the performance. Before that we feel quite nervous but in the end we manage to perform our sketch as what we have expected (well at least everybody is laughing).



Thus, after the performance we are really happy with it. We also keep on laughing and having joy when the other groups are performing as well. After that we see a new super star born in our camp too – BUDIMAN ! BUDIMAN-Man-Man-Man….Well forever we wouldn’t forget him and his symbolize song ^^. In the end, the committee members are also involved in the performance too. I really appreciate them as they really put a lot of efforts to this camp. Last but not least, we also have our sweet flash back of memory when we saw our photos on the projector screen.

Later, we have our supper, which originally is our dinner. The curry chicken is tasty and I can feel the warmness when I eat it (first, for the effort from the volunteers; second, it is just a little bit SPICY) . After that we took some photos together and eventually we are free to do anything. I play card games with the group members and during that time we get to know each other better. During the lights-off time, we prepare ourselves to sleep. Tonight I can sleep much more better than the first night as I start to get used to it.



Nicholas

Cluster A

Part 2 of 3

No comments:

Post a Comment