8.02.2008

My Experiences (So much to share)

25th JULY 2008



Well, during an hour before 6.00 pm (gather time), I have done with my preparation and ready to go for this camp ! ( That time was very EXCITED, perhaps? =p) Firstly I met with some of my group members at Bedok and carry the food stuffs together with our group leaders to our destination, Changi Jetty by bus. (save $$)


Our stuffs do use up a lot of spaces and eventually we just treat the bus as “our own bus”. Later on we reach there and wait for the departure while meeting with the other primers members as well. Finally the boat arrived, and we took around 15 minutes of boat ride to reach Pulau Ubin. After that, we go to our camp base by van. During the journey, I am wondering where the camp base is and how it is look like. (curiosity) A nice built chalet or a base with tents?


Neither chalet nor tents, it is an old village house which is wooden-built. The committee members lead us to our sleeping place and put our stuffs there. Suddenly I have a feeling that I have come to a rural village. (the environment?) Our sleeping place is a double-story building, and we sleep at the upstairs. Girls sleep inside the rooms and guys sleep outside the rooms (well seems like is a little bit hard for the guys to squeeze in a small place for sleep….) During that time we see our toilet and bathroom for the first time too (OMG?)


It seems like very different than our home toilet and bathroom, I do feel surprised when I saw that, and we are going to use it during the next few days.
(can we get used to it?)

Then, we gather and listen for the briefing by the camp commander and the officer. They told us about the objectives of the camp and the condition swhich we will face during these 3 days. For me, I like to try different kind of experiences, so I feel rather exciting than upset.



Later, we have our ice-breaking game. It is very fun and we get to play with other group members. (I like to play with LOTS of people) After that, we have our session which is known as “Living Experience”. During this session we share our own living experience among the group members. I manage to listen different kinds of living experience from different people. I am also proud to share my own living experience as my background may not same with most of us. (because I am a Malaysian)
After all we have learn to respect other people and keep the secret of the others as well.

It is supper time. Our supper is instant noodle. For me instant noodle always the simplest food but yet is the most delicious food in the camp. Some more I am very hungry during this time. I do enjoy my supper and eat a lot. After that we have to get ready to sleep as the next day there are many more activities to carry on.



During the night I not really sleep well as I can’t get used to it. At first I thought the night will be cold and many mosquitoes, that’s why I choose to close myself with the sleeping bag. Later I find that is another way round, it is hot and the mosquitoes also don’t dare to go near us……(because too much Carbon Dioxide released =.=)


Nicholas


Cluster A


Part 1 of 3

No comments:

Post a Comment